Menu
h11tsr
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Picture distortion and pixellation

Hi

I have been experiencing picture issues for several weeks now.  I have run the tests and tried to call many times and cannot get through to anyone after waiting for hours listening to the same songs on repeat.  It's driving me crazy

This definitely has something to do with the box in question.  My cable is split and one goes to an older VM Box (tivo) and the other to a new one (v6).  There is no issue on the new one.  I have replaced the HDMI cable between the 'faulty' box and the TV and this doesn't resolve the issue.  I also have a Roku stick which I have plugged into the HDMI for the VM device and there is no issue hence nothing wrong with the TV.

This needs an engineer, but can I get through to anyone to discuss? 

I have even raised a Complaint ticket and VM have failed in their promise to respond within 48 hours

This is my last resort and I am giving up the ghost and getting fed up with VM now. In the meantime I am waiting on the phone again to speak to cancellations - can't even cancel the service if unhappy !! 

UPDATE: this is problem with the Tivo and not V6 box.  the v6 box works fine

0 Kudos
h11tsr
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture pixulation

Having the same problem.  Tried changing HDMI and plugging in a Roku stick in the same HDMI and get no issues.  Have a V6 box also and this has no issues - only the Tivo box. It's really ruining my viewing experience.

0 Kudos
h11tsr
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: pixelating TV

Good to hear your problems seem to have been resolved.

Was the problem on a Tivo box? And have they replaced with a V6?

I probably need the same but can I get through to anyone?  Waited over an hour on Sunday and been on of rover 30 mins now. 

Treuied to send in a complaint but no response to that either. "What can we do to resolve your complaint?" ...  Fix the blooming problem and improve the your service so that people can actually get support when they need it.

0 Kudos
h11tsr
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on 2nd box

Good luck.  Been trying on and off for weeks to get through.  

Got the same problem and still not resolved.  100% this will be cabling/device related.  

Trying to leave them as I can't get resolved but can't even do that lol.  Still listening to the same songs on repeat and at awful recording quality to make it even more painful !

0 Kudos
h11tsr
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad customer help

this does not surprise me. Customer service is awful and they really need to address the fact that they have unhappy customers sitting around on the phone for hours and if they are lucky enough to get through the support is ridiculous.
h11tsr
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer service

After nearly an hour on hold, I finally got through to someone who is now trying to put me through to another department so on hold again. tried to offer some advise and suggest the VM update their queueing system to inform people of where they are in the queue - got the response of "You are not our only customer". Charming.
0 Kudos
h11tsr
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Customers keep you afloat - improve your service!!

VM need to understand that without their customers they would not have a business.  Why do they continue to treat us with disdain?

Not for the first time, I am waiting in a queue for over an hour to speak with someone about a fixing a problem.😩

On this occasion I got through to someone, who then decided to put me on another queue.  He did stay on the call while he was trying to transfer but even he got fed up and has just left me in that queue - so even department to department doesn't get priority. 

I did try and suggest that VM update their systems to at least advice people of where they are in the queue and approx wait time so at least they can make a decision to carry on holding or try again at a different time.  His response was "well you are not our only customer" !!! 😡

If there is such a long wait to get support this says there is one of two things wrong:

1. The service is really poor and many customers are having problems and hence calling in for help
  2. There are not enough staff available to deal with the volume of support calls being received

I suspect it is the latter and if VM do not rectify this then they will lose customers.  I am looking for an alternate supplier when my current contract ends in the summer.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customers keep you afloat - improve your service!!

"I suspect it is the latter and if VM do not rectify this then they will lose customers. I am looking for an alternate supplier when my current contract ends in the summer."

businesses will do whatever makes them the most money. They will have spent £100,000 on research and worked out its cheaper to lose some customers though poor CS then to pay the costs of a better CS team.

Its all about profits and they will not do anything that is not profitable.
If they are losing enough customers to lose money they would change. Until that they will run with the working model no matter now broke it is

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

h11tsr
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Its like listening to a radio station that has only four records and no DJ 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

so its like Gem radio

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks