Menu
Dazyellow3
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Picture distortion V6 box

Hi,

Some of the tv channels are breaking up and I am unable to  watch these channels. The channels are channel 5 and bbc news hd that I notice so far. I checked on my V6 and tuner 0 has 70% signal. The other tuners are ok.

I have already rebooted the box and checked all cables are finger  tight.

Just wondering if I need a technician to look at the signal level

On bbc news hd I get error W02

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture distortion V6 box

W02 is indicative of a loss of signal, pixellation is a symptom of a poor TV signal.

If you get any of these channels (depending on your package), check these too..

SyFy HD, Comedy Central HD, Alibi HD, TCM-HD, 4-Seven HD, S4C-HD, Sky History 2 HD, Sky Sports NFL HD, Sky Sports F1 HD, Star Plus HD

These share broadcast frequencies with C5-HD & BBC News HD, so would also be affected by signal issues.

Your best bet is to call VM to report your fault - 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 4541111 otherwise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dazyellow3
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is there a  mobile number that I can use to log my tv issue? As I can't get through when I dial 150.

The phone is busy.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin staff do respond to posts on here, but it can take several days. The text message service has a similar turnaround.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dazyellow3
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts,

I managed to get through on the phone and got appointment booked for technician coming out for Thursday 4-7 to look at my tv signal issues.

0 Kudos
Dazyellow3
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just to update you.

My TV channel issue has now been sorted. Someone has unloose the white cable in the cabinet in the room next door (tower block) was loose and the technician just tighten the white cable which restored the tv channels that I had problems with.