Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Picture broken and unwatchable

Starting a week ago picture and sound were breaking up and getting choppy. Throughout the week it has come and gone, but turning the TV on this morning it is now completely unwatchable. See attached photo below. This is with a TiVo V6 in West London.

Restarting the equipment multiple times has made no difference.

Calling support has not helped, it says that tests will be run and the equipment restarted, but this doesn't happen. I'm also not able to get through to speak to anyone, I'm just redirected back the website. Running the checks from the website fails too and takes me to an error page.

How do I get this fixed?? It feels to me that the V6 is on its way out. As an aside, the remote hasn't been working via bluetooth for over a year, so I've had to keep the V6 in line of site to use via IR.

PXL_20201121_093645945.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture broken and unwatchable

Your "bad signal" tag is spot on, this will almost certainly need a VM engineer appointment to resolve.

Forget the website checks now - call the 150 IVR. When the IVR insists on running diagnostics, go along with it - it might just offer to arrange the appointment for you, in which case accept it. If it returns any other result, you may need to immediately hang up and redial. In which case, do so - and ignore every prompt to "go online" or "get a link" which catches some people out.

Speak to a faults agent who should arrange an engineer visit (maybe a replacement box, but I have doubts).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos