Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Picture breaking up

We are having loads of issues with the picture quality, it looks like the signal isn't strong enough as we're getting pixelation and the image no properly updating. 

The Virgin call centres are closed and I get cut off when I ring. Is there any testing I can do at home that's a little more advanced than turning it off and on again?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture breaking up

Hi penfold77,

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box? By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it.

If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team. 

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

penfold77_0-1603743028870.png

The service status page isn't working! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If you can identify any specific (including HD/SD?) channels that are affected, this may help prove/disprove a signals issue, but it won't help resolve the problem until you are able to report the problem to VM.

You can also try calling 0800 5610061 which lists known faults often down to street level.

Are your picture problems affecting live TV, recordings & delayed/paused TV? Or both? Each would, again, point at a different fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It happens on live TV, and then if it's recorded with the issue it shows on the recorded program. Happens on any number of channels, I don't really watch SD channels, so I can't say if it happens on them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

In that case, I can only suggest keep on trying to get through to faults C/S who should be able to log this for you.

Good luck....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'm getting nowhere. The link they send me doesn't work and the recorded message says that the call centres are closed due to COVID... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

call centres closed due to covid what a load of [Removed], a media company that cant work remotely!!

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Very many VM C/S staff are now home working, you can read about it here if you're interested.

On the call queue subject, yes it's quite clear to anyone who reads this community board for more than a passing glance that VM do have some real C/S problems at the moment. There is the text message service (07533 051809) but you'll wait a few days for that.

Keep on trying those queues, perhaps try earlier in the day, and grab a coffee and biscuit while you do so 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi penfold77,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with the Tv services. 

I have taken a look on our side and can see you have got a replacement Tv box.

How has the service been since that?

^Martin

0 Kudos