Menu
richcox13
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Picture breaking up.

Hello

For the week and half or so, we have had very bad picture and audio breaking up. We thought it maybe a fault VM knew about so carried on without reporting it, and let the system be fixed.

My VM Tivo 6 box connects its HDMI output through an AV Amp. So, to eliminate possibilities of failure, I disconnected all cabling, and with the very basic setup, HDMI output from VM Tivo 6 box to TV,  I tested each HDMI on the TV to prove it wasn't the TV HDMI port(s), these were all good,   ( to prove also, connected XBOX to ports also )

It was not the Amp either, as again, testing proved , as the XBOX, and other setups that connected through the Amp was all good and working as they should.

As we had the VM Tivo 6 box replaced recently, the previous was faulty, I had a spare TIVO 6 PSU,(the previous and the new box), thinking it may be a faulty PSU, I tested this also. And also, the usual, fully disconnect and reset the VM Tivo 6 box.

Still the picture was breaking up, the worst channels were 124 Gold, and 5 Select, and others. At times, It wasn't worth watching as we could not see a picture.

I checked the recordings I had done, and these were good and watchable.

Today/tonight was perfect, with normal service. Has there been a fault on the system at any time ?

Thank you

I wont argue the toss, until im 100%..!
0 Kudos
PrinterElf
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture breaking up.

I'm not sure that you'll necessarily get information about historic issues, but certainly a good habit to get in to is to report any issue as soon as you're aware of it (once you've performed the perfunctory reboot, etc...), as it may be local to just you, or you may be the first person in your area to report a wider issue.

0 Kudos
richcox13
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@printerElf

Thank you for the reply.

You are correct that I should of report the fault immediately. It was doing the same again tonight, so will give a call to VM today.

Thanks

I wont argue the toss, until im 100%..!
0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Prior to reporting an issue it is a good idea to use the Check service status link, you just need to enter your post code and any know issues in your area are displayed.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos