Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Picture break up and then no signal when first turned on.

When the V6 Box is first turned on in morning we get picture break up, green colours and then no signal. Need to turn the box on and off several times before we get a signal back. Happens most mornings when first turn on after being on standby overnight.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No sound when V6 Box is turned on

When the V6 Box is turned on we get no sound. Even turning the box on and off doesn't fix the problem. Need to either do a power cycle or do a Reset via Setup to get the sound to work. This happens most days when turning the box back on after being on standby overnight.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound when V6 Box is turned on

Hi nedjones,

I had problems with no sound earlier this year. I got it all working again by doing some spring cleaning. My cabling looked like spaghetti junction due to all of my equipment. I disconnected everything form the mains and removed all HDMI, ethernet  cables from everything, Nintendo Switch, X96 box, Dab radio, Xbox etc. I then tidied them all up, and made sure they had no kinks in them, then reconnected everything and hey presto, my sound returned. I hope this works for you.

You could also follow the instructions here  your-tv-sound-isnt-working 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture break up and then no signal when first turned on.

I've merged your double posts, not sure if this was a mistake or not.

First thing to check here is your power-saving options, what they're set to.

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Power-saving.

If you're getting "no signal" errors, are you sure these aren't your TV detecting a lack of input from your VM box? Signal issues on your V6 would normally give a specific error message.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The reason they were 2 difference posts is because one issue was happening on one V6 box and the other issue on second V6 box.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Check the things I mentioned in post 4 above, and that might help us advise more, newapollo's suggestions also worth eliminating.

You may also want to consider swapping the boxes around as a diagnostic exercise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi nedjones, 

Thank you for posting to the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your equipment.

I have ran some checks on the V6 from our side and found no faults that could be causing this problem from a network point of view. 

Have you been able to run the checks suggested by our community members? If so, have you seen any improvements?

Let me know and I will be happy to assist further. 

thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos