cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture Interference & Sound Cut Out at 21:18 Most Evenings

PVS23
On our wavelength

A bit of a weird one this but, for the past few weeks, I get a very brief picture break up and/or sound cut out most evenings on both my V6 boxes at precisely 21:18 pm. If I rewind and replay, there is no break up or sound cut out.

I can't recall every channel this has happened on but it has certainly occurred on BBC1, BBC2,  ITV1 and Sky Crime (all HD).

I did have an engineer out a few weeks before this started happening, who tweaked my power levels coming into the house for the V6 boxes, as they were out of spec and causing wider issues with pixelation.

Is anyone from the virgin forum team able to help, please?

Thanks.

Peter

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If there's a picture breakup on your live TV feed, that should be replicated on any resultant recordings..

If it's not, I'm tempted to suggest this is a momentary glitch with your equipment. Have you swapped HDMI leads & ports on your TV, to rule out an issue there?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @PVS23

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your TV picture braking up. 

Have you managed to follow the advise from Japitts? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

PVS23
On our wavelength

Thanks to Japitts and Zak for their responses.

I have done some further troubleshooting and the issue actually only affects one TV/V6 box, not both of them as I first thought.

It has stopped happening now and was either a handshake issue (I changed V6 audio from DD to  DD-PCM) or resolved after Virgin did some maintenance/upgrade work in my local area on Monday. I will continue to monitor for a few days to see if it reoccurs but am optimistic it is now resolved.