Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Picture Freezes in Catch Up & On Demand

Picture Freezes in Catch Up and On Demand. It will not start again without encouragement.  We did not get through 15 minutes of "The Loch" yesterday before stopping.  We had five freezes.

I have trialled different options for video output but no improvement in CU and OD.  However this has solved a similar but less severe problem in live TV.  Currently video is set up for automatic selection.  All 1080 and 2160 settings are ticked.

My other equipment is LG 4K TV 49" UB850V.  The V6 HDMI cable is inserted into input 1.  Panasonic sound bar HDMI is in input 2 (ARC). 

All cables (etc) are newly purchased16 gigabit (?) and HDCP 2.2 compliant.

I have moved a WiFi booster near the V6.  Network diagnostics appear to be O.K. with good quality signal (97 to 100%).  VM Broadband seems to be working well on other applications.  Picture speed test is good.  Broadband speed test is good (But I suspect that it is the same test as the Picture speedtest)

Any help welcomed from this excellent Forum

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Picture Freezes in Catch Up & On Demand

Hi aspeed950,

Have you tried the HDMI3 port?  It's best to turn off the equipment when swapping ports so the changes will be recognised.

If using a 4K splitter, all cables should be HDMI2.2 compliant or it may not work

From page 39 of the online manual

2) The HDMI IN 3 port is especially suitable for the specifications to enjoy UHD Video (4:4:4, 4:2:2) of 4K @ 50/60 Hz. However, video or audio may not
be supported depending on the specifications of the external equipment. In that case, use any other HDMI IN port.

I have my V6 set to 2160p and 2160p (pass through) and have no issues. 

What happens if you remove the soundbar in input 2 the ARC?

There's some 4K help on this page (which may be teaching you to tick eggs)  virgin-tv-watching-4k-ultra-hd-content  but it does ask, have you got the latest firmware for your TV.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI Wise Owl,

Thanks for the help.  The TIVO HDMI cable was originally in port f3 or the reasons you state.  However when the V6 arrived it would not work at all in that port.  A Forum member advised using port 1 on the LG UB850v and it now works.

However I will follow your suggestion and see what happens.

Further update in 10 minutes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wise Owl,

It seems to be working fine now.  So thank you very much for a really helpful suggestion.

This is a brilliant Forum thanks to the levels of expertise and people's willing ness to share.

It almost makes up for VM lacklustre customer Service.

Best Wishes

Alan

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Alan,

Thanks for the update. We all try to help each other and it's great when things work. 

It must be difficult for the VM Staff though, for example with different TV's, even from the same manufacturer, it's a bit like having an android and all the different permutations. One solution doesn't fit all.

Like most community members I learn as I go along.

Hope it's all good going forward, but any future issues ( or solutions to help others) you know where to come.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos