Menu
AndyCom
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Picture Distortion

We have 2 V6 boxs and both have picture distortion. Both TV's are breaking into blocks, with some sound loss. I have rebooted V6 Box, Router and followed the online fault checks but this has not fixed it.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Picture Distortion

Sounds like you've got a fault somewhere, and this is causing poor TV signal. If you can identify any specific channels that are affected it can help ID the source of the issue, but the end result will be the same.

I'd recommend calling VM - 150 from a landline or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Likely that you may need an engineer visit, especially if both boxes are affected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Picture Distortion

Hi as has been stated this is a signal level issue, calling is the best option as they can check while you are on the line and arrange for an engineer to adjust the levels between your box and the street cabinet. Regards Micky
AndyCom
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Bad pixelation on some hd channels

Bad pixelation,break up of sound /picture on a few hd  channels on my v6.Sky Sports main event hd and BBC hd channels. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Bad pixelation on some hd channels

Yep, you have a signal fault somewhere.

BBC1-HD & BBC2-HD share the same broadcast frequency, so that's indicative of a problem.

Rebooting your box once is always a good idea with picture breakup & pixellation issues, it rules out a software issue. If problems are persisting and your connections are all finger-tight, call the fault in. 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
AndyCom
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Still having issues, Virgin support told me to wait 48 hrs and then check as they had to sort something at the cabinet. Tried it this morning and still getting problems and now all the call centres are closed. Guess I will have to wait until Dec now for any help.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@AndyCom wrote:

Still having issues, Virgin support told me to wait 48 hrs and then check as they had to sort something at the cabinet. Tried it this morning and still getting problems and now all the call centres are closed. Guess I will have to wait until Dec now for any help.

Not at all. You might well have to wait to get through, that's a pretty good bet. But December is stretching it a bit 🙂

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi you have to be persistent and inform some call handlers that this is not something that can be done from a distance, an engineer needs to attend, some of them just want to get you off the phone and claim the call as successful, politely inform them you have gone every avenue to sort this out, if they won't book one ask to be transferred to retentions as you intend to leave virgin, it worked for me and an engineer was booked after speaking with retentions who have common sense. Regards Micky
0 Kudos