Menu
mashmore2205
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Picture Distortion - Potentially Splitter?

Hey folks, picture quality on TV has worsened over the Christmas period. It was intermittent nearer the end of last year whereas now it's unwatchable on some channels (currently the worst on BBC1, BBC2) . I do however think it may well be a faulty splitter or a faulty connection in the V6 box but it's certainly a guess. Image below as illustration of issue on BBC1.

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 14.55.52.png

I've done a few tests myself:

- Tried a new HDMI cable (it's definitely the signal as apps, Youtube etc. work perfectly)
- Made sure all cables are secure
- Restarted all systems including the router
- Checked fastenings are tight at the box inside the house and outside the house
- Used a different television, same issues occur

However I've noticed on moving the splitter around it does effect the interference slightly. Could this mean a faulty splitter or faulty connection on the back of the V6 box? I've read a fair few other similar posts so I'd assume the next steps are to call out an engineer, however any further help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture Distortion - Potentially Splitter?

You've not said whether this was BBC1-SD or BBC1-HD?

If it's HD, do you have any issues with BBC2-HD?

@mashmore2205 wrote:

However I've noticed on moving the splitter around it does effect the interference slightly. Could this mean a faulty splitter or faulty connection on the back of the V6 box? I've read a fair few other similar posts so I'd assume the next steps are to call out an engineer, however any further help would be appreciated.

Those other posts are correct! Call VM Faults to report your issue. An engineer visit is the likely next step - outside chance it could be a replacement box, but given your symptoms it could be a cabling or connector issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mashmore2205
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture Distortion - Potentially Splitter?

Hi japitts, appreciate the speedy response!

Apologies, it's both the SD and the HD channels and seemingly they have the same amount of interference.

BBC4 also has the same amount of interference but I've just had another check and other channels seem to have now stabilised. Very strange!

I'll go ahead a give them a call, thanks for your help and time.

0 Kudos