Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Picture Breaking Up

I regularly record 4 Hd at about 4.00 a.m. most days. When I play the recording the picture breaks up making the program almost unwatchable. Everything seems fine at other times. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture Breaking Up

where are you downloading from. i.e sky movies, bbc, you tube. ? or does it happen on different channels

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, 4 HD is not a program it's the Channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having a064973. Are you having the same issue with any other channels recordings or just 4 HD?

While this is issue is ongoing, most of the programmes would be available for you to watch on catch up, I know this isn't as convenient as watching a recording but it will ensure that you don't miss anything. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven_L,

It only seems to be on 4 HD.

I can't find the program on catch up with Virgin despite it being available on other platforms. However even if it was from what I can see Channel 4 catch up is only in SD which (in my view) looks awful on a large screen TV.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Please could you try to reboot your TV box? If you could turn off the box either on the back of the box(V6 only) or unplug it from the wall, either way please wait 10-20 seconds and turn back on or plug back in.

Hopefully a reset of your box will clear this issue and you can watch the recordings as they should be. If this doesn't help, please let me know and we can look into this further. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

Done a re-boot. It obviously had no impact on the recorded programs. I will monitor the situation and post when/if it happens again.

Thanks again for your time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for popping back and letting us know @a064973 - please do pop back if you see the same issue on the live TV channels again. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Had exactly the same thing on Friday 13/9. By accident I was recording the same 4 HD program on both my boxes at 12.05 midday. They both suffered from picture break up and gaps in the broadcast at the same time. I think this rules out  a problem with the equipment. I still only ever see this problem on 4 HD.

0 Kudos