cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent 360 upgrade on top V6 home screen banner.

Fox35
Up to speed

How do I get rid of the constant 360 upgrade notifications on my V6 home screen? I have 2 V6 boxes, but it is only happening on 1 box. Permanently displayed on the home screen at the top and again lower down on the right side menu. I have no intentions of downgrading to the 360, so how can I remove this constant annoyance?

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a picture of this banner please?

If, as I suspect, this is the info banner, you can't disable it. It's effectively VM's shop window.

A photo will help confirm either way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Fox35

Thanks for posting in regards to the upgrade banner for 360 via your home screen. We appreciate you raising this via the forums.

As japitts has alluded to, this may be a simple fix and can be disabled but we'd need to see an image first. That is unless you have resolved this since posting?

Please let us know 🙂

Rob

how do you upload the photo?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Click on the camera icon & this will take you to the upload screen. You may have to resize as there are restrictions to the size of upload.

Upload.jpg

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Screenshot_20230405_212442_Gallery.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yep, that's the info banner - effectively VM's shop window.

That can't be removed.

Thanks. But why is is that annoying 360 advert and 360 upgrade prompt only displayed on one of my 2 boxes?