Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Paying too much

My bill stands to go up by £30 per month.

I suffer from severe anxiety so unable to negotiate on the telephone. Is there any other way I can contact virgin to attempt a reduction? 

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying too much

Hi

Please be patient for a VM mod to look at this .  You will get a much better answer/experience here rather than calling.  Are you at the end of contract (could explain the increase)?

Thx

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. Yeah it's end of contract and quite a rapid rise. I'm not expecting to continue paying the same but a £30 increased isnt really affordable.

Thanks 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Stuboyessex wrote:

Thanks for the response. Yeah it's end of contract and quite a rapid rise. I'm not expecting to continue paying the same but a £30 increased isnt really affordable.

Perhaps not, but it will be what you agreed to when you signed up to the original contact.  See what the VM mods say but I am guessing they will just say you need to talk to "retentions" to renegotiate your package details or cancel and leave.

"Retentions” are on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 9pm but calling early between 08.00-11.00am is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi jbrennard is exactly right you can't negotiate a new deal or contract on a public forum, you must phone retentions do achieve anything.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

<<Agree.  I was offered a "phone only" addition to my bundle as they have ways of tweaking the bundle.  You might be asked to change your phone/broadband speed package or something.  Im sure VM can sort something out so that its not as much as £30 extra.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

If it wasn't affordable then why did you take the contract out? Too many people these days want everything for nothing and will kick and scream till they get it. You signed a contract knowing what was to come, I'm not sure why you're so surprised. 

Sorry if people think that's harsh but it's about time people took responsibility for their own actions. 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I think you're missing the point here. I will be out of contract which is why it will be increasing. 

I asked a simple question about ways to communicate with Virgin not using the telephone so I would appreciate it you take the attitude elsewhere. 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Shawty at no point have I mentioned I'm surprised. Maybe you just posted this in response to the wrong message.

I asked for advice. Not at any point did I say I want something for nothing, nor that I'm surprised. 

Highlighted
Rising star
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

We know you are out of contract, your contact would state a price for 12 month rising to the price after that. That's the bit people are getting at, you took the contract out knowing the price would rise and are now saying it's too expensive and want it cheaper. 

0 Kudos