Menu
NSDragon
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pausing/playback and recording glitches and crashes

Hi all. This is my second fault within the first year of my contract, talk about either bad luck or el-cheapo hardware or same hardware going around and around as refurbished between different customers? Whats going on?!

My HDD is 52% full and it has started to have glitches in pausing/playback and playing back recordings.
Many times now, when paused, it will not resume playback. Pressing play does nothing, though the on screen graphic shows the play dialogue. I have tried a few times to wait a minute or two, nothing.
Alternating between pause/play does nothing. Only way to get out is to initiate stop, where your back in the realtime tv. From there it will be pot lock if I can rewind back, it will show that it is doing so, but then pressing play takes me back to realtime TV.

When playing back recordings, it sometimes acts similarly, or will will pause itself, then suddenly playback quickly and catch up, as if it were buffering or something. If I press stop and start from start of recording, then forward to where I left off, It will get to a point and just stop going forward and just freeze.

In both cases the box has frozen about 8 times and just restarted itself.

After the wifi fiasco, basically told on these forums that the vbox are **bleep**e, I had to buy my own router. The cheek being, recently I had an email from virgin stating how they somehow improved the wifi of my box, considering it hasn't been on for a while now.

So, what now, I have to buy my own vbox too? What a year.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pausing/playback and recording glitches and crashes

Sounds like your box has hard drive issues, and you need to report those. Perhaps you've just been unlucky, but the V6 boxes aren't "el-cheapo hardware" by any stretch.

Being the TV-section of the board, I'm not going into router issues except to say that my Superhub is also in modem mode.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

NSDragon
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, fair enough on the "el-cheapo" description but in my first year, its madness from my viewpoint.

Also you having to use your Superhub in modem mode, makes my point even more valid, as an overal experince.
Anyway, where/how do I contact virgin to get this checked out, as my wifi experience trying to contact virgin was pretty much a distaster?

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@NSDragon wrote:

Also you having to use your Superhub in modem mode, makes my point even more valid, as an overal experince.
Anyway, where/how do I contact virgin to get this checked out, as my wifi experience trying to contact virgin was pretty much a distaster?

Either 150/0345 4541111 or https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/bd-p/Wireless 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos