Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pairing a new remote to v6 box

The instructions say..go to settings. Since my new remote isn't paired it won't go to settings, or anything else. Any ideas please?

**I dont feel I have to defend VM, cos I dont work for them, so my opinions really are my own. **
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pairing a new remote to v6 box

even without being RF Paired the IR will still work. Point the remote at the box to use it during setup

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No, not working. The lights come on the remote , but it won't do anything. 

**I dont feel I have to defend VM, cos I dont work for them, so my opinions really are my own. **
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ragdoll, thanks for your post.

Sorry if this sounds tedious - but have you checked the batteries are in working order? 

If you have and the remote continues to not function, please feel free to send me a PM so I can arrange a replacement for you.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Try holding down the channel+ button on the Tivo for 10 seconds. 

Release and then hold the info button on the remote for 7 seconds. The green Led should flash twice then go green if it has paired successfully. 

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos