Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pairing V6 remote

I've followed the instructions from the virgin website about using the V6 remote to control an AV device: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-using-tv-remote#tab1

I have a Samsung HW-450_XU sound bar connected via HDMI from the Virgin TV V6 box and for one brief moment I did successfully pair the two together but for some reason it has stopped working. 

Has anyone tried this and got it to work successfully as I've had no joy in getting this to work

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pairing V6 remote

I think you need to program the Tv first then the AV if you do it the other way round it wipes the AV off of the remote

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A possible alternative is to have the sound bar connected to an ARC HDMI output on the TV.

I have an Samsung TV connected to a Samsung sound bar via the HDMI2 on the TV (this supports ARC - Audio Return Channel).

The volume of the sound bar is then controlled via the TV volume. So you just setup the remote to control the TV and this then controls the sound bar.

Doing it this way is great if you have other HDMI sources because these also route via the TV to the sound bar.

Does require the TV to be ARC compatible (my TV is vintage 2012 so I guess more recent TV should support this)

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think its the TV as the HDMI option does work but i still have to switch the soundbar on manually

0 Kudos