Menu
basil123
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Pairing TV Remote

Hi I have a new Samsung TV and V6 box, the engineer programmed the remote to control the volume on the TV, this stopped working a short time later, I called technical team and they sent a new remote out , which I did not think would solve it. Anyhow I paired the new remote and the volume control on the virgin remote worked for a minute or two and now does not work . When I try to pair again as I did numerous times with the first remote it does not work or recognise the code that worked initially on both remotes . Box has been reset numerous times and remotes unpaired and paired back but will not work . Any help in solving this would be great, thanks 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pairing TV Remote

Hi Basil,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are now having the same issue with the new remote.

I have had a look at you account and can see you have more than one box, can you try the remotes to see if they pair with other TV's in the house to make sure it isn't a issue with the Television itself?

You can also try our Self Help to see if you can get a resolution there.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
basil123
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Yes it works fine with box upstairs , in fact volume worked before I had even paired it ! When paired all controls then worked , any suggestions why it will not work with the TV 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello basil123

Can I please ask what model Samsung Tv it is that you have 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi basil123,

It sounds like the remote paired to the upstairs box in error.

Try turning that box off, and then unpair the remote you want to work with the original downstairs box, and then pair it again.

With only the downstairs box switched on

Press TV and Clear at the same time until the light on the remote flashes green. 

Then press thumbs down 3 times followed by OK twice.

This should reset the remote and force a re-pair following https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-pairing-tv-remote 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
basil123
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi it is a Samsung Frame 2021 model 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Basil123

Did you also follow the advice given above?

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
basil123
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I did but that did not work , for info whilst trying to set up the remote to control the TV volume the box upstairs has actually been powered off and the box in main room as been off .

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @basil123

So do you mean the box which you needed to pair it to has been offline? If so, could you switch it on and try again?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
basil123
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi no the box was on , it is not a problem in pairing it is setting up the virgin remote to control volume and mute .

0 Kudos