Menu
PELLI
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

PICTURE BREAK UP ON SKY SPORTS F1 AND F1HD

Is there a cure for this problem?  I note it has been a complaint in the past.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Wise owl
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PICTURE BREAK UP ON SKY SPORTS F1 AND F1HD

If it is on both live programmes and non-live programmes - then call 150 and report as a fault.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
PELLI
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be only on live programmes AND only F1 .   F1  HD seems best.  We have recently added TV to our internet and phone package due to the poor reception of the Sky live broadcast.  Thinking it was our problem with the very tall trees we have (strangely confirmed by Sky when they came out and tested) we opted to go for Oomph in the hope everything would improve with a cable connection.  I guess we/Sky were wrong.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Wise owl
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It may be a signal level issue and a call will detemine that. If it was a general fault then more people would be postin g here confirming it - especially during live F1.

PELLI
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I have spent many a happy hour waiting for someone to answer the phone. I have not managed to get a response for two weeks on another issue. I just cannot get through. We pay for 500MB download but rarely get more than 150. I appreciate at peak times the downloading will be reduced but we have been told in the past by VM it should be more than 150. The engineer never turned up to sort it out. Very frustrating. I must see if there is a way I can email or use live chat. When the engineer set up our latest 3 new Tivo boxes he did mention a possibility that there might be something amiss in the junction box which just happens to be opposite our house and promised to report it and organise an engineer to come out as it was not his remit, but again an engineer never turned up Smiley Sad and I would have noticed if somebody was working on the junction box.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Wise owl
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I find early morning (after 8am) seems best for the quickest reply.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi PELLI, sorry to hear you've had some problems getting in touch about this issue.

Let me take a look for you. I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details, and hope to hear back from you soon. 

Tom

PELLI
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Tom.  An engineer came out on Thursday last and could not find anything the matter with set up Smiley Sad.  He spent all afternoon here but much of it was trying to find out why I only get a download speed of 6Mbps.  We pay for Oomph which is supposed to be 500 Mbps.  I have allowed for the fact that I am using a laptop but this was ridiculous.  He tested everything and could not find a problem. I then used the Dell Support for which I had signed up to for a year (I am using a brand new computer).  The support engineer knew immediately what the problem was and deleted the Dell App called Smartbyte from the computer and I am now running at nearly 300 Mbps which is fine because I don't expect the full 500 on a wireless laptop.   However, if I attach my laptop to the Ethernet cable I only get 100 Mbps so I am now completely confused again.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Wise owl
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Most Ethernet connections on laptops and PC are only 100Mpbs - you need a 1000Mpbs Ethernet connection for anything faster.

0 Kudos
PELLI
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

We have 1000Mbps.
0 Kudos