cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged for a film I never watched

Sue5925
Tuning in

Hi I have been charged €6.99 and 7.49 for two 18 films I never purchased or obviously watched.  I have made a complaint to virgin am awaiting a refund. Two months ago I was charged for two calls I never used as I always use my mobile and I successfully received a refund. Has this happened to anyone else?

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like this was due to a PPV event or other premium content. To view these needs your TV PIN to be entered unless you have specifically disabled it - have you changed this from the default? Anyone with knowledge of the default TV PIN - 1234 - could have made this purchase with access to your TV box.

If not, I would strongly suggest you do so. Home > Help & Settings > Purchase controls

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Sue5925.
Thank you for reaching out on our help forums and for your first post here, glad to see you joined our community. 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the unrecognised TV charges, we'd be eager to assist where we can with this.

As very well spotted by japitts above, to access such content you'd need the TV PIN (which by default is active). 
Are your parental and purchase controls switched on or off if you can check this, and have you ever changed the PIN?

Let us know more and we'll gladly help out.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs