Menu
LouLouT2002
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Out of contract, want to change or go on lower tariff - no free phone? HELP!

Hi

I'm out of contract by 6 months. I have BT Sports, a middle package not sure what its called? Broadband & House phone. House phone not worked in about 3 years, but told I have to have for reduction. I am now out of work due to COVID-19. Bill is £78 a month! No I don't have film channels or Sky Movies, sports etc. I tried ringing last week - was on hold for for 50 mins (around £18) & (I don't have the landline, so yet more expense to me). No answer. Can't find a freephone number & can't pay this huge price with no money coming in. I tried talking on chat, but they kept telling me to call on 150 - could not understand 'I don't have a house phone or a line that works'! What the hell do I do? They also said I could not cancel without speaking to an adviser - chat would only lower by fee to £61 on a crap service. Loads of cheap deals going, but not for customers. I have been with cable since 1992 - never changed. Just companies changing & taking over. What & how can I contact Virgin without it costing me again? Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
james_bp
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Out of contract, want to change or go on lower tariff - no free phone? HELP!

hi

its a long shot not sure if the number is active at moment cause of off shore call centres on lockdown but try this number

0800183 3000

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/experiencing-an-issue

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos