Menu
Billwalton59
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ordering a replacement remote

I have tried multiple times ordering a replacement for a damaged remote online through my account but although everything seems to be in order when I get to the final confirmation screen a message flags up saying a technical issue has arisen and I need to order again. This ha happened many times over the Las 2 days. Please advise if I am ordering incorrectly or alternatively how else I may order one.

Regards,

W. Walton

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ordering a replacement remote

Hi BillWalton59,

Have you tried using a different browser, or clearing the cookies/cache on your current browser?

You should be able to order a replacement by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

You can also try the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am -10am, or afternoon teatime to avoid call queues

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Billwalton59
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Needed to ring 150 in the end as all other options failed. Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Billwalton59,

Thanks for the update.

Don't forget to download the TV Control app as per my other post to use as a temporary measure until you receive the replacement remote.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos