Menu
Fionaferg12
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Orange light v6

Hi.

So last night my v6 box randomly shut down and then can’t now get it off the orange light and the loop of the welcome page and then a downloady type arrow screen. Have tried and tried and tried to get through the virgin- on hold for literally hours!! I’m pretty sure I need a new v6 box but they have now shut all call centres so have suggested this as an option? Anyone at all have any tips?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Orange light v6

Hi there @Fionaferg12

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post; I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your V^ box at the moment. Whilst some of our physical centres are closed, all our departments and lines are open and agents are taking calls. We're busier than usual but we are doing all we can to answer calls as quickly as possible

I have located your account from your forum information and I have run through a few checks from here for you. Rather than asking us to send a new box, we're being asked to send a technician for you. I have booked an appointment for you and you can check the date and time of this via your online account  If the date and time selected is not convenient for you or someone over the age of 18 to be home, you can also reschedule via the online account also. 

Please do let me know if you have any issues with that and we can help you out. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fionaferg12
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

I understand this approach, however, I would like to ask if the technician will have a v6 box with him on the day? As the appointment is over a week since the problems started and obviously we have been left without the service. I would also like to ask for a refund for the time I have now been without a service and the time I will be without a service. I have no ability to use the virgin tv that I’m paying over £100 a month for- I have only just upgraded to this package so it is a real frustration.

fiona 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Fiona (Fionaferg12)

If the V6 box needs to be replaced fully there should be no reason as to why this cannot be done at the time of the visit for you. 

We of course don't expect you to pay for a service you;re not getting due to a fault - any credits can be added once the issue has been fully resolved. Feel free to pop back to this thread once your service are back up and running and we can get that arranged for you. The credit will be added from when you first contacted us about the issue to the date of the fix. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fionaferg12
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

our problem has been fixed today. So since my first contact - which was last Wednesday and I originally tried to contact through the virgin phone and was on hold for over an hour so did hang up- I have proof of this phone call if required. 
fiona 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Fionaferg12,

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies we've not been able to pick this up sooner for you

I'd be happy to look into this to add a credit to the account to cover the lack of TV service over this period of time

Check out the purple envelope int he top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos