Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Orange light on Tivo V6 box

I've two TiVo V6 boxes. They've been working fine but this morning my upstairs one is stuck in a loop of the Welcome Screen to the Starting Up screen and back to the Welcome Screen. The light on the front of the box is orange. I've restarted the box using the rocker switch and still the same issue.

I tried phoning support but due to Covid it's closed.

From reading other posts it seems the box will need an engineer to check / replace it. Is there any chance an engineer could be booked via here please?

Thanks

Alex

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Orange light on Tivo V6 box

Sounds like either a failed software update or just bust box.

VM staff do respond to posts on here, but the current wait time is upto a week, so I would recommend you try calling through to faults-C/S in the meantime. VM C/S does undoubtedly have some "issues" at the moment, but they are open and some people report better wait times earlier in the day,.

There's also the text message service (07533 051809) but they take a couple of days to respond, and how good they are at handling faults I'm not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

try phoning support desk at opening I had to wait 30 mins but worked for me. Some people say they have waited for hrs.
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is there anyone that can help me. This box hasn't been working for 2 weeks now and each time I try and call it says no fault can be found and to go to the support online then hangs up.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex_gregory_uk,

Sorry to see this is still ongoing.   Forum staff usually pick these posts up after around a week. it looks like they've missed this one. Hopefully one of the VIP's will notice and ask them to have a look.

As to phoning, ignore the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, and tests etc. If you don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

Hi Alex_gregory_uk,

Sorry to see this is still ongoing.   Forum staff usually pick these posts up after around a week. it looks like they've missed this one. Hopefully one of the VIP's will notice and ask them to have a look.

Done.. I'd noticed it around the same time as newapollo had... yes, I'd agree with the comment about ignoring the "press 1" option which does catch a few people out, but all the same...

I have flagged this post to VM staff who should be along "soon"...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex_gregory_uk, thanks for posting.

I am really sorry you've not been able to watch one of your V6 boxes for more than 2 weeks now.  I would like to help you with this.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Alex_gregory_uk

Just a quick note, to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you need help in the future, our fantastic community members and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lee, you have been a great help and resolved the issue.

0 Kudos