Menu
Austingill
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

On demand

Hi could someone help please, I am new to Virgin TV and have tried to watch a bbc program from on demand, when I try and watch it, it goes to Netflix and not iPlayer. I don’t have a Netflix account, does anyone know why it won’t open iPlayer 

thanks

Austin

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand

Which TV box do you have?

I know you've posted in the V6 section, but depending how recently you took out Virgin TV (and whether you were broadband-only before), you may have either the V6 or V360.

Check here if you're not sure. The two run entirely different software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Austingill
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Great stuff.

If a particular programme is available from multiple sources, then the "Watch from" drop-down will offer the various VOD sources.

Are you sure you're not accidentally pressing "Watch from Netflix" instead of "Watch from BBC iPlayer"?

Do you have an example of a programme where this is happening?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Austingill
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Death in Paradise, all the series are on iplayer but when you go to on demand the only option you get Is Netflix. I don’t understand when they are all on iplayer.

thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure you're looking at the current series 10? 😉

From what I can see, the iPlayer has S6 listed, and the current run. All the others are indeed only on NF.

If you find the last showing in the backwards EPG, click on "OK", do you get "watch from catchup"?

0 Kudos
Austingill
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you actually go into the iplayer app you can get the full set of series 1- 10 and I just wondered why   virgin tv on goes to Netflix and not the iplayer 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So there's 2 issues here..

Firstly....

The iPlayer actually serves 2 tasks...

1: It's a box-set repository for the BBC, these programmes generally aren't (but sometimes can be) listed via the TiVo/V6 EPG, but if you find them manually in the app, there shouldn't be a problem playing them.

2: It's a CatchUp service for the BBC, these programmes should be listed on the TiVo/V6 EPG. S10 certainly is.

Secondly... if you navigate to one episode from S10 in your EPG, or indeed find last weeks in the backwards guide, you should be given the option of playing from iPlayer. Are you getting this?

If you're not, please post a picture of what you're seeing and perhaps we can compare notes.

0 Kudos
Austingill
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, thanks for your help, I’ll get the back episodes off the iplayer until I catch up.

thank you

0 Kudos