Unable to watch on demand movies and any 4k content even on Netflix 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to the V6 board.

Can you view any OnDemand content, or is it only 4K/UHD programmes? I'm getting at whether this a UHD-specific issue, or a general problem with your VoD.

Error 603 is often an HDCP compatibility issue, so check if you can view SD & HD OnDemand first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the TiVo forum, but this box doesn't support 4K - which would explain why you can't watch it. Unless this isn't the box you have? Check here if you're not sure.

After that, the next question is to ask what happens when you try to view OnDemand. Do you get any error messages, for example? You should.

The more info you can give, the better we're able to assist.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I have a v6 sorry..I get error 603 when I try and watch on sky cinema and trouble playing this title message on Netflix 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to the V6 board.

Can you view any OnDemand content, or is it only 4K/UHD programmes? I'm getting at whether this a UHD-specific issue, or a general problem with your VoD.

Error 603 is often an HDCP compatibility issue, so check if you can view SD & HD OnDemand first.

I can’t watch any on demand content on virgin but can watch standard def in Netflix.

thanks for your help

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On your V6, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Video output, and make sure 1080i is selected as an output resolution.

Can you watch OnDemand now? It can sometimes need a reboot to enable, but not always.

If this works, then it's an HDCP 2.2 compatibility issue with your TV.

No still nothing..does it matter which hdmi port the v6 is connected to?

I have recently added a Sony sound bar that needs to be connected via the hdmi arc

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the make & model of your TV?

If this is an HDCP issue, then in theory dropping to 1080 is a workaround and at least proves it. But absolutely yes - try other HDMI ports. Some TV's only have HDCP2.2 on particular ports.

Has this problem started since you installed the new sound bar? Does OnDemand work if you connect your V6 to your TV directly?

It’s a Samsung ue55ru7400uxxu 

I have switched the hdmi leads and the content now plays but this means I am not getting the best out of my sound bar now.As the instructions say to connect via the arc port.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have an HDCP2.2 compliance issue.

VM requires that all connected equipment is HDCP2.2 compliant when viewing VoD in 2160, and on some TV's - I suspect yours included - this is only possible using particular HDMI ports.

Dropping the video output to 1080 or 720 often works around this on non-compliant equipment.