cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On demand repeatedly failing

Mikedunn8
Tuning in

Hi I am having problems with the in demand service In the past when trying to view a programme I would get cannot view this programme at present try again later. By restarting the TiVo box I could watch on demand over several days Now after watching an episode of a series I have to do a restart everytime even when trying to watch episodes sequentially in one sitting Can anyone help please?

5 REPLIES 5

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mikedunn8,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your On Demand service!

Do you receive a specific error code when you receive this message? Are you having issues with certain content specifically or when this happens, are you unable to watch anything On Demand?

We're really keen to help

Beth

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've referred to a TiVo box in your post, but have posted in the TV360 board. Very different boxes running different software - which do you have? https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

In addition, can you confirm any error codes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mikedunn8
Tuning in

Hi dory about the wrong posting There is no error number it just says we are unable to show this programme at the moment I include a screen shot 

9A8DDC16-C0A3-41C1-86FF-DBD5A91EDA62.jpeg

Hi @Mikedunn8 thanks for reaching back out to us on the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

Thank you for for sharing the screenshot.
May I ask if it is a V6 box you have or a TV 360 box?
Have you tried to reboot the entire setup? How is it connected, through a wired connection or a wireless connection.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So the error code is 669.

After getting this error, does a "Connect to VM services now" via the network connections screen make any difference? (Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network)

Also does this error affect every attempt to play VoD, or does retrying a couple of different programmes, make any difference?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks