cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On demand not working

SL46
On our wavelength

My OnDemand isn’t working at all today (M40 area). I’ve checked all my cables and rebooted the box but to no avail. No details of any issues in my area in the app but is there a known problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you followed the online advice for /virgin-tv-error-codes/604 ?

It might be worth trying a new HDMI cable and/or port on your TV  with a cable that's HDCP2.2 compliant.

Also see https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-watch-4k-ultra-tv 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @SL46 

What error message appears on screen? Is the internet connected on your V6 box?

have you tried going to Home - Help and Settings - Settings - Network - Connect to the Virgin Media service now ?

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level. Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

SL46
On our wavelength

I’ve phoned the number and no issues. The screen says ‘This show is temporarily unavailable’ and there is a number 604 in the right hand corner. 
I’ve tried the network settings as suggested and all stages show as ‘finished’. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you followed the online advice for /virgin-tv-error-codes/604 ?

It might be worth trying a new HDMI cable and/or port on your TV  with a cable that's HDCP2.2 compliant.

Also see https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-watch-4k-ultra-tv 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From memory Error 604 is an asset-specific error. What is the programme (including episode number etc) that's problematic? I have a suspicion this won't be connectivity-related.

Are other programmes equally affected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @SL46 👋 Welcome back to the forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your on demand service. How are things looking for you today? Has the advice from @newapollo  and @japitts managed to help you?

Let us know if you need anything further, we'll be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

SL46
On our wavelength

It turned out to be a problem in my area. It was showing on the app the following day although service actually resumed the same day

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's great to hear. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future and we will do all we can to help. 

Nat