Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

On demand not working

I have followed the in box "help" of resetting the v6 box, I have changed the hdmi port to every single one available.  I have resetted my virgin media broadband at the same time, finally I have turned the box off and on.

My V6 is connected directly to the hub which is positioned less than a metre away, without any splitter 

The hdmi lead is a new high speed one.. which i have tried another hdmi to see if this was a contributing issue..

The on demand will then work for a short space of time. 

Then doesn't work again unless I do the above. 

Very frustrating.

Any help past what I have tried will be gratefully received.  Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand not working

What is happening with your VOD for it to not work? Are you getting any error messages, for example?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand not working

Hi Paultimsmith198,

Sorry to see you are having issues with On Demand. The V6 works best with an ethernet connection so the issues might be due to wifi if connected that way.

Have you tried changing to HDMI2.2 cables?

Do you use a splitter as any cables that aren't HDMI2.2 compliant in the chain can prevent on demand working properly.

When changing ports it's always best to reboot your equipment  to force the changes to take effect.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos