Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

On demand not working

We are unable to get a connection to any on demand service - network connection is not found - error c233 - very annoying as we just got new box which was supposed to fix issues we had before and we wanted to watch last episode in a series tonight!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand not working

What new box model is it \'
If a tivo - call VM.
If a V6 - how is it connected to the Hub (ethernet cable or wifi)? In any case switch it and the Hub off and unplug for 5' - then switch the hub back on and let it settle for 5'. Once it is up and connected to the internet, switch the V6 back on and it will remake the network connection.
To check it then on the tv remote go to..
Home>Help>Settings>Network>Connection and see what it is reporting.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This did not work - turned both boxes off, waited 5 minutes, turned both on to reset - TV setting says “failed while negotiating” when I try to test connection to Virgin Media. Also our WiFi now doesn’t seem to be working well either.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marjorie2,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with the On Demand service.

How're things since your post? I'm currently unable to run a health check on your equipment, if you can please reboot the box and ensure it is switched on I will run the check again 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks Alex - I’ve tried rebooting everything several times - still not getting a connection - - trying again now but I’m not hopeful. I think we may need an engineer to come out as something seems to have gone wrong with a connection and I can’t find any loose wires or anything so not obvious what is wrong (was fine a few days ago and we’ve not moved or changed anything). Says the TiVo box is no longer connected to the internet.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for getting back to me, 

Can you ensure the box is one then I can run a health check for you.

Can you also confirm if the box is connected to your hub via WiFi or an Ethernet cable?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The box is in a different room from the WiFi box - so connection is via cable in the wall I think.

TV now working but I’m not clear why - it didn’t work yesterday or the day before, even after rebooting everything, but today the error messages are gone and the apps / internet connection are back. 

I am happy to have it back but still we had no internet TV service for 4 days and I have no idea why or whether it will happen again 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This stopped working again a day later and has not worked since.  I have reset the box several times.  Still getting error codes and no ability to use tv on demand.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you clarify... Exactly how is the V6 connected to the Hub?  N.B. not the white coax connection to the wall box but to the Hub.

Sounds to me that if you are connecting it by wifi - the connection is poor and flakey - if by ethernet cable then the cable may be failing and need replacing with a new Cat6 one.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos