Menu
hagman777
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

On demand not working partial recordings

Over the last few days I have not had on demand service it comes up with error v202 checking service status no issues in my area I have run testing which found no outages also tonight 3 recordings recorded 3 times for each and all 9recordings were partial not full also couldn’t watch on on demand obviously can anyone help sounds like I might a replacement v6 box.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand not working partial recordings

Whoah hold on there 🙂

Let's break your issues down...

@hagman777 wrote:

Over the last few days I have not had on demand service it comes up with error v202 checking service status no issues in my area I have run testing which found no outages

Were you using the online service status, or the automated phone line? The automated service is often better for localised, street-level issues. Does your OnDemand work now?

@hagman777 wrote:

also tonight 3 recordings recorded 3 times for each and all 9recordings were partial not full

What were these recordings? Were they series-links or set manually? Are new recordings going ok?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
hagman777
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your quick reply first just tried the automated number and got the engaged tone so still don’t know if it’s a local problem and second all were series links not manually set BBC does not seem to be affected by the on demand problem it’s mainly itv hub yesterday and channel 5 if that helps

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If your SL are set for BBC programmes, depending what your SL options are, you can easily get the same programme from multiple channels. BBC1 SD, BBC1HD, BBC1-AD etc. Post details of your series link settings and perhaps there's some misunderstanding how they work.

Ref your OnDemand - are you talking about the branded apps, or just normal OnDemand programmes. I only ask because programmes from OnDemand use the exact same technology to deliver to your box, regardless of which channel or broadcaster they're from.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
hagman777
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi managed to get the automated call and it says there are issues affecting my area not specified as such re multiple and partial recordings multiple programmes I can understand but why partial recordings

0 Kudos
hagman777
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There are still no reports on service status when you ring the automated phone line it’s says there are issues in my area but is not specific as to what the problem is very annoying 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@hagman777 wrote:

There are still no reports on service status when you ring the automated phone line it’s says there are issues in my area but is not specific as to what the problem is very annoying 

I'd recommend calling VM to have your OnDemand service checked over - 150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

We can probably help with your recording issues, but suspect your OnDemand bits will need VM's support here.

0 Kudos
hagman777
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi finally managed to get hold of virgin media they told me I had a signal problem on the box they sent a signal direct to box and now on demand is working no reason give for signal problem posted this to help others with same problem It was a box not a network issue