cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On demand not working - error code 669

vlasska10
Joining in

Lots of people posting this same problem, but no general fix posted...

Whenever trying to view anything on demand I get the error message that the show is temporarily unavailable and the number 669. Problem has started since I bought a new 4K TV so wondering if it is connected to that. Still using same HDMI cables for connection and the TV service works fine through them.

Can't get through to VM support but maybe someone who has solved this problem can share the answer?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the make & model of your new TV?

On your V6, if you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output... is 1080 selected as an output resolution? There was an issue a while back with certain models of TV not having full HDCP2.2 support, and enabling output in 1080 (HD) was the workaround.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the make & model of your new TV?

On your V6, if you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output... is 1080 selected as an output resolution? There was an issue a while back with certain models of TV not having full HDCP2.2 support, and enabling output in 1080 (HD) was the workaround.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @vlasska10 

As per the onscreen message for error code 669 (screenshot below) did you check the online status to see if are there any local issues?

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

669 error669 error

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

vlasska10
Joining in

thank you japitts - i had run the video output compatibility check and all resolutions were compatible with my new samsung 4K TV, but it had automatically selected the highest resolution. By manually selecting only the 1080 outputs and below and deselecting the higher outputs (and then restarting) everything seems to be working again! The wifi connection is not the strongest where my TV box is so I'm guessing the signal strength was strong enough to support the lower output for my old TV (when I never had a problem) but was never going to be strong enough for the new world without some manual de-rating...

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To check your wireless signal strength, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right.

I would expect the symptoms to be buffering rather than a "cannot play" error code - evidenced by the alteration to the resolution appearing to solve this.