cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On demand issues

dd1495
Joining in

Have to reboot my V6 box every time I want to watch anything on demand anybody else had this problem?

Spoke to VM yesterday and they said turn box off and on as usual, this clears the problem but if I want to watch another programme on demand say couple of hours later I get "temporary unavailable" message code 669 in bottom right corner of message box again. Reboot again works fine, question is should I have to keep rebooting box every time I want watch on demand, this has only started happening recently. Any comments would be helpful

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Immediately after experiencing the error, try following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and check 2 things..

1: Does an IP address appear in the top-right with "connected"

2: Does a manual "connect to VM services now" at the bottom resolve the error-669 at all?

Can you use streaming apps such as iPlayer, YouTube, or any of the chargeable Amazon, Netflix, etc when VoD fails? This is a good test of the internet connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi dd1495,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with our on-demand services.

Has the advice from our valued member @japitts helped resolve your issue or are you still experiencing issues.

Please pop back here if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi

All streaming apps work, internet is fine, just on demand, still same problem when I originally posted

Regards Phil 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per my previous post..

Immediately after experiencing the error, try following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and check 2 things..

1: Does an IP address appear in the top-right with "connected"

2: Does a manual "connect to VM services now" at the bottom resolve the error-669 at all?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks