Menu
Mwells66
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On demand issues

• I have 2 V6 in the house, the bedroom box has developed a problem where it won't play any sky movies on demand, living room box plays no problem. They're both connected to Samsung 4k smart TVs, both have same settings. Faults said it's the WiFi signal and sent me a WiFi booster, which I knew would be useless, if I completely erase and reset the box it plays on demand for about an hour. After playing about with settings today, I've got the movies to play if settings are changed from auto detect video output, to 1080p only. This isn't really a good solution though, I don't want to change video output every time I watch 4k content. Is the box faulty or am I missing something, fault only developed in last 3 weeks and as I say, living room box plays fine on auto detect to same TV.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand issues

Forget the fact that it's Sky Movies for a second, that uses the same VOD platform as every other On-Demand program bar BBC iPlayer. Do you have the same issue with, say, ITV CatchUp or any boxset program (assuming you have access)?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mwells66
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Everything else plays without problems, it's only sky movies that will only play if I change the video output.

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Could be the hdmi cable, try swapping it with the downstairs one 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Mwells66
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, tried using various HDMI cables, TV also a hdmi test and it's showing they are all fine. This problem only started about 3 weeks ago, up until then it's always played fine. I suspect a faulty box, VM said the WiFi was weak and sent a booster, box is now wired rather than WiFi and still doesn't work properly. 

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Try one last thing if you don't mind, swap the boxes over and see if the issue follows the box or stays with the TV

0 Kudos
Mwells66
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorted, tried the living room box and it wasn't working either, however it was giving me an error code. Bedroom TV is an older model and only has 1 hdcp 2.2 HDMI port, changed the cable to that one and it plays fine. Must have been an update to the box, pity because the TV had a port for the cable box to control from the same remote, just need to use 2 remotes I guess. 

0 Kudos