Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On demand freezind

Start on demand program. The virgin ad/sting plays and then maybe an ad but then the screen freezes. Occassionally get a programme not available error

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand freezind

Are you watching on a 4K UHD TV by any chance?

If so... disregard the lack of an error code and follow the advice on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/603 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have tried this. Thanks for reply. Yes 4k tv. It was working when set to video output 2160 but i changed it because the picture was poor on none 4k channels. Set to all outputs and channels have become much better but on demand stopped working. Rebooted but no good. Reset output to 2160 and rebooted and still no good

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tv is a LG CX if that is any help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Pullen99 wrote:

Have tried this. Thanks for reply. Yes 4k tv. It was working when set to video output 2160 but i changed it because the picture was poor on none 4k channels. Set to all outputs and channels have become much better but on demand stopped working. Rebooted but no good. Reset output to 2160 and rebooted and still no good

I'm not surprised some channels were poor! In simple terms, you have SD > HD > UHD. Upscaling one level, can be done fairly well by most equipment. Upscaling two levels, from SD > UHD, is going to look poor sooner or later.

There's also some experimentation to be done - there isn't a one-setting-suits every combination of equipment, sometimes you're better off letting the V6 upscale and output at 1080 (HD) and then let your TV upscale to 2160 (UHD), other times the V6 is better at doing everything. You need to play around and settle on what works best for you.

As regards your specific TV, if you can provide the exact model number then I'm sure someone on here won't mind looking up the users manual and seeing if there's anything obvious about HDCP2.2 compliance that could point you in the right direction. To get VOD in 2160 you need to have HDCP 2.2 compliance on all conneccted equipment - that's a non-negotiable since the latest V6 update.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. It has started working again since i got in from work?? I havent changed any settings. All of the hdmi connections are hdcp 2.2. No idea why it stopped working or why it has started working again but i wont complain lol. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos