Menu
Vialli33
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

On demand error 603

Regularly get this message while trying to watch sky cinema on demand.A reboot usually "fixes" it but sometimes needs 2 or 3 reboots.Using a soundbar but have tried going direct to the TV from the V6 box but still get the same problem.Tv is ok only 2 months old and is hdcp 2.2 previous TV was LG oled also hdcp 2.2 and used to get the same issue.Usec the online tool but get told to call CS .Can anything be checked here as calling CS is just a nightmare usually a long wait and never the problem resolved or get cut off.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand error 603

Hi Vialli33,

Have you tried a different high speed HDMI cable? Also try using a different HDMI port on your LG TV.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Vialli33
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes tried different HDMI cables,tried different ports and still the same,TV is Samsung au9000 old TV was the LG oled.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Vialli33,

Have you downloaded and installed the latest updates for your Samsung TV?  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE50AU9000KXXU/#downloads 

Does the Samsung TV have a port marked MHL?  If so please can you try connecting the HDMI cable to that port then rebooting the V6 to ensure it performs the necessary handshakes to acknowledge the change.

The MHL port  supports HDCP technology for viewing protected digital content. A lot of V6 users get blank screens due to the transmitted program(s) being protected digital content. It's also better at converting the signal to UHD than one of the older standard HDMI ports

The below info is from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-watching-4k-ultra-hd-content 

Using the correct HDMI on a 4K Ultra HD TV

Not all 4K Ultra HD TVs support HDCP 2.2 on all HDMI sockets. This is particularly true of older 4K Ultra HD TVs where HDCP 2.2 may only be supported on one HDMI socket.

On some popular 4K Ultra HD TVs the following HDMI sockets can be used:

• Samsung - HDMI (MHL) socket if available on your TV, otherwise HDMI 1
  • LG - HDMI 1, labelled as HDCP 2.2
  • Sony - please check the Sony website for your 4K Ultra HD TV model
  • Panasonic - HDMI 1, HDMI 3 or labelled as 4K

These are given as guidance only, so please check the manual 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Vialli33
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can watch the BT sport ultimate channel through the V6 box with a problem ,so surely the issue must be with on demand service

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Vialli33 wrote:

I can watch the BT sport ultimate channel through the V6 box with a problem ,so surely the issue must be with on demand service

It's a feature of OnDemand, yes.

VM require compliance with HDCP2.2 with many VoD programmes & streaming apps when viewing in 2160p, there's not currently any similar requirement for linear broadcast channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Vialli33,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your TV content recently. As you're getting the 603 error message, can you follow these steps and let us know the outcome?

I can also see that @newapollo has offered some advice. Has this helped at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Vialli33
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Done those steps numerous times,still get error 603 ,I have the latest firmware for the TV which is number 1506, checked on Samsung website and all hdmi ports are hdcp 2.2 compliant but there isn't a specific mhl port.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vialli33,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing your On Demand content.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, and have raised this to be investigated with the team.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos