Menu
CJS
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On demand continual issues.

I’m getting to the point of giving up with VM. When trying to watch Sky Cinema on demand I get continual errors.  I go to the Status page where it say no issues so run the tests, reset box etc. Useless. Basically tells me all is OK. So give up. 
Then next time it’s OK. Or maybe movie stops while watching. 
Am I correct that V6 uses internet to stream movies? My V6 is connected via WiFi as Hub is not in same room. Could that be an issue?
I’ve a TIVO box too that seems much more reliable but it in the kid’s den. 
Any ideas on what to try?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand continual issues.

@CJS wrote:

I’m getting to the point of giving up with VM. When trying to watch Sky Cinema on demand I get continual errors.

You've not said what the errors are?

@CJS wrote:

Am I correct that V6 uses internet to stream movies? My V6 is connected via WiFi as Hub is not in same room. Could that be an issue?
I’ve a TIVO box too that seems much more reliable but it in the kid’s den. 
Any ideas on what to try?

The TiVo has its own internal internet connection, separate from your home broadband.

The V6 relies on a connection to your homehub for this connection. It's the internet that's used for OnDemand, streaming & TV Guide updates.

You can check your connection by following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.

The status of your connection is shown in the top-right, including the WiFi strength if appropriate... if it shows present but you have issues, you can try "Connect to Virgin Media services now" at the bottom.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
CJS
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Of course it’s been fine after resetting the V6 box! I’ll wait until next time but it does seem more unreliable than TIVO. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'd guess your V6 is connected to your homehub (and therefore the internet) by WiFi, and this could potentially be the cause of your issues without realising.

If you need to post back, then if you can pickup some of the points in my previously reply, it will help 😉

The V6 is a vastly better box than the TiVo!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos