Menu
tellio999
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On demand/catch up not working

I’ve had no on demand or catch up since at least feb. If I play anything ftom OD or CU the sponsor ad plays then freezes at the end of the ad. No error message. Most recently reported by phone 6/5. Tests were run. Was told I need an engineer out and probably a new box.
had a call yday to run tests again. I wasn’t home. I was promised a call at 1600hrs. I went home specifically for this. No one called. 
spebt all morning today trying to speak with someone. Your fb team have now sent me here. 
I’ve been paying for a service I’m not getting. I’d like it resolved please 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand/catch up not working

A classic bit of buck-passing then!

First thing, can you confirm which box you have - is it a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

There is further advice or potential solutions depending which box you have.

The other thing worth checking is whether you're watching on a Samsung or 4K UHD TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tellio999
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply. Virgin told me to post here in order to get a virgin engineer to reply. 🤦🏼‍♂️

it’s a v6 box on an LG uhd tv sm9010pla

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Edited to add I've moved this post to the V6 section instead.

If you have a V6 and VOD is dropping after the lead-in ads, this can often be an HDCP compliance issue. At the very least it's something to eliminate anytime a 4K UHD TV is involved.

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output, and make sure 1080 is selected. You may need to reboot the box for it to take effect.

If this works, then it suggests either your HDMI cable or port isn't HDCP 2.2 compliant - which can be checked easily.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tellio999
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Absolute legend!  Thank you so much!! Don’t know how/why that got changed. All sorted. Thank you 

0 Kudos