cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On demand black screen

mark_a_carpente
Dialled in

For the past 2 days when attempting to watch any on demand box sets all I get is just a black screen and no program. Can access whatever program and episode I want, I get the annoying before 9pm needs PIN etc, but then i'm just left with a black screen. Can fast forward and rewind but nothing but a black screen. Tried various different Sky or UKTV programs with the same result. I have no network connections issues as all the tests come back OK and I can get on iPlayer for example

It was working fine on Friday night when I last watched something, it did however at the end of what I was watching take a long time to go back to the menu which is not unusual but thought I would mention it

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mark_a_carpente, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're having a blank screen when trying to to view any On Demand content. 

Taking a look at your box stats, all is looking good in terms of the signal levels being provided and the hard drive status too. 

Do you have any issues on other apps, live TV or recordings? 

How have things been since you last posted?

There is a slight raise in some errors that are reporting however as the box as been online for quite a while, can you please reboot this by turning off and leaving off for a few minutes. This will refresh things and if the errors continue we can look further into this for you. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Have not had any other problems so far as I can tell, I will watch something I recorded last night to make sure that's working correctly

I just tried to access an on demand program to see what happened but the same black screen. This time when I tried to stop the program nothing happened, did not go back to the menu etc, so I tried to go back to normal TV and the box just rebooted itself instead. It took a very long time to start working again too

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There've been some major internet outages on VM today, and if your V6 has lost its internet connection that will have a knock-on effect to VoD.

It shouldn't cause a V6 restart to be fair, but check your V6's network connection is working - Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and check for an IP in the top-right.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks