cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On demand and catch up issue

Seonb
Tuning in

I upgraded to maxit tv today and am able to watch channels live. However when i try to watch any programmes on demand or on catch up im being told i need to upgrade. Ive been with VM for 10 years so not a new customer but cant work out why cant access these? Any ideas? Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just for clarity, are you seeing this error on FTA content from C4 or C5 as well?

Something's clearly gone awry at VM's end for that to happen - more in hope than expectation, just try an EPG refresh using Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels

If not, wait here for VM staff to intervene in a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that. Tried what you suggested but didnt fix the issue. Thanks for trying to help! Waiting for VM support to look into the issue. 

Hey Seonb, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear you've had some on demand issues.

I can see from our side you have spoke to the team since posting this, did they manage to get this resolved for you? Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt, not yet no as still waiting for a follow up call as the team were unable to resolve the issue and were going to pass it on.

Jz0
Joining in

Hi,

I have a similar issue.  I upgraded and this includes Sky Cinema.  I can watch films on live TV and I can record them on my Virgin box, however, if I try to watch a Sky Cinema film on demand it says I need to upgrade.

I am able to watch films on demand on my laptop using Virgin TV Go.

I have tried contacting Virgin via WhatsApp but they have not got back to me yet.

Thanks.

** Update ** I am new to the forum and I have now posted this as a new post but couldn't work out how to delete this one!