Menu
Johnboy851
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On demand TV

Hi 

I’ve just had a new Virgin box fitted and since this has happened I have no On demand TV it doesn’t even come up as an option to select when pressing the home button. I’ve tried ringing them but I’ve got more chance of speaking to the Pope! 

please help!! 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand TV

Is this a new box or a fault replacement?

Is it a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Johnboy851
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It’s a new V6 box 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok - the V6 connects to the internet (for TV guide updates, OnDemand and a few other bits) by connecting first to your VM homehub which then provides the connection.

How is your V6 connected to your homehub? Check under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right, does the box show connected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Johnboy851
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is showing as connected. I have also used the “connect to media service now” option and finishes this process but still no options for catch up when selecting catch up from Home Screen

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Two things to try then..

1: Have you tried restarting your box?

2: If you find a programme from ITV, C4 or C5 in your TV Guide from yesterday, press "Ok" and you should get an option to "Watch from CatchUp". What happens if you select it?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnboy851,

Have you tried rebooting the V6?

If that doesn't work then using your remote control go to HOME > Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos