Menu
Ifreeman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On demand HD program demands upgrade to ultra

Got ultra ooomph contract had been watching a discovery of witches in HD but now it is only available in ultra which is extra. So have lost a service or is there a problem ?

0 Kudos
WoahWoahUser
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand HD program demands upgrade to ultra

@Ifreeman wrote:

Got ultra ooomph contract had been watching a discovery of witches in HD but now it is only available in ultra which is extra. So have lost a service or is there a problem ?

It’s just virgin trying to squeeze more money out of their already dried out customers. I don’t even have a 4K tv and there’s no HD option on Sky content anymore, so I’ve lost access to TV shows I wanted to watch. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@WoahWoahUser wrote: It’s just virgin trying to squeeze more money out of their already dried out customers. I don’t even have a 4K tv and there’s no HD option on Sky content anymore, so I’ve lost access to TV shows I wanted to watch. 

There's plenty of Sky HD content available, so if you're not seeing that, it's a separate issue.

@Ifreeman  - Discovery of Witches was mentioned on here the other day - S1 is available in SD, HD & UHD. S2 only UHD at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
WoahWoahUser
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

@WoahWoahUser wrote: It’s just virgin trying to squeeze more money out of their already dried out customers. I don’t even have a 4K tv and there’s no HD option on Sky content anymore, so I’ve lost access to TV shows I wanted to watch. 

There's plenty of Sky HD content available, so if you're not seeing that, it's a separate issue.

@Ifreeman  - Discovery of Witches was mentioned on here the other day - S1 is available in SD, HD & UHD. S2 only UHD at the moment.

I get the some Sky content in HD just not the newest seasons on demand, which is restricted to UHD only, very annoying. 

0 Kudos
Ifreeman
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the great answer. I had watched episode 1 of S2 in HD but with money grab change only UHD is left! Guess I will just have to wait. Oh when I say I mean my wife !!

0 Kudos