Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On Demand

I can access the on demand service except for itv HD on demand, so I am unable to watch past series of programmes like Vera, Midsummer Murders etc. This is through on demand and box sets..

It asks me to subscribe, but I already have HD for itv, bbc,channel4 etc within my package. 

I have contacted vigin on 150 4 times now, got hung up on once, reset my vbox twice then hung up, told its a fault in my area and the engineers are on it and it will be resolved in 24 hours, this was a week ago. 

I am tired now of trying to explain my issue to somebody who is not in this country, does not understand what i am trying to explain to them or I cannot understand their accents either. 

Any help would be most appreciated 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand

Are you in scotland?

Scottish have to use the stv app

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I wonfer if this is the age old BoxSet problem?

OnDemand content broadly falls into two categories:

CatchUp: Recent content from most entertainment channels, inclusive on all TV bundles and valid for (generally) 30days.

BoxSets: Complete & past series from varioous channels, only included on top-tier XL/Maxit/Full-House

All content is visible to all customers, but the lower-tier users get this "upgrade to watch" message when you try to watch something that's categorised as BoxSet. The OP mentioned "past series" which would suggest this is the reason.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi We are on the Fun Package, but as they keep changing their package descriptions it makes it difficult

to tell just what you should or should not be receiving.

I currently have ITV HD and other HD channels , but on Demand ITV HD just asks me to subscribe, if I click the subscribe option there is no option for HD ITV subscription . I am just going around in circles when I ring 150, the do not seem to comprehend what the problem is!

Why can't they make their packages easier to understand and stop changing them so often.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi , no I am in Yorkshire
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Davo1960 wrote:

Hi We are on the Fun Package, but as they keep changing their package descriptions it makes it difficult

to tell just what you should or should not be receiving.

I currently have ITV HD and other HD channels , but on Demand ITV HD just asks me to subscribe, if I click the subscribe option there is no option for HD ITV subscription . I am just going around in circles when I ring 150, the do not seem to comprehend what the problem is!

Why can't they make their packages easier to understand and stop changing them so often.

As I suspected, so yes... the answer is that the programs you're trying to view are BoxSets. The only way to watch those is to upgrade from Fun to Maxit/Full-House (at least I think that's the correct descriptions)

You can't subscribe to BoxSets just by themselves, nor is there a way of identifying specifically which programs are BoxSets cf CatchUp. Like my previous post said, CatchUp is generally the past 30days, BoxSets are complete series.

The "fun" really starts when a new series is being broadcast and all the episodes are available. Anything in the first 30days is CatchUp but then morphs into BoxSets when it becomes 31days old. Sky are particularly good at that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos