cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand streaming not working

authentic8
Dialled in

There was a TV/Broadband fault for several hours yesterday in the BH23 area which has been fixed but the On Demand service has never come back.

Now experiencing alternating error codes, no error codes but no search results, slow search results and page loading but programmes won't start playing (black screen and 602/605 "temporarily unavailable" error messages).

I have rebooted the box and router several times.

Thinking about asking for refunds now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Before asking for refunds, best report your fault to VM and give them reasonable chance to rectify it.

First off, do you definitely have a TiVo? Check here if you're not sure - I ask because those boxes have an in-built internet connection so rebooting your router will have zero effect. On the front-left of a TiVo are 3 green LEDs, the "heartbeat" one is the internet status light, does this flash when you have problems?

Failed onboard modem if so - VM will arrange a tech visit, and swap your box for a (much quicker) V6 once you report your fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Before asking for refunds, best report your fault to VM and give them reasonable chance to rectify it.

First off, do you definitely have a TiVo? Check here if you're not sure - I ask because those boxes have an in-built internet connection so rebooting your router will have zero effect. On the front-left of a TiVo are 3 green LEDs, the "heartbeat" one is the internet status light, does this flash when you have problems?

Failed onboard modem if so - VM will arrange a tech visit, and swap your box for a (much quicker) V6 once you report your fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for the reply. It's a V6 box running the TiVo service but I always call it a TiVo. So the post should have gone into the V6 Box subcategory rather than TiVo Box.

So, as you're probably aware, it uses the Wifi router for on-demand content.

By "refund" I mean partial refund or credit on the next bill for lack of service, which Virgin Media have done before.

It did take a few days for the On Demand service to return to normal (after several hours of no TV/broadband/phone service) and it is working properly as I write this.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to the V6 section, and although it may seem nit-picky, I'll correct you that the V6 uses your home broadband router for all internet-based functions and not necessarily WiFi. An Ethernet connection is always recommended and mine for one doesn't use WiFi.

OnDemand is an inclusive service and you won't get any financial recompense for loss of VoD service. If your home broadband has an issue, then that would be the basis for any financial claim - that comes with a 2working day grace, and then only for complete loss of service.

Hi authentic8,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the service issues you've had. 

I am happy to take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin