Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

On Demand on Samsung Smart TV

We recently bought a Samsung 4K Ultra HD Smart TV. All connected correctly. We are able to watch shows we've recorded on our V6 box absolutely fine, but if we try to watch anything from Catch Up or On Demand, we get a black screen. Does anyone have any ideas why and how we can fix it? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand on Samsung Smart TV

I would suggest, disregsrding the lack of an error message and follow the advice in https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/604 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, we've looked on that. Changed the HDMI cable to a 4K one, still nothing. Spoken to Samsung, they were as much use a chocolate teapot. Told me the issue must be with my service provider. I don't see how it can be a virgin issue though, when it was working fine with our old TV! 😭😭😭

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you try dropping your V6 output  resolution to 1080 as per the online advice, what happens?

Does your TV have an HDMI input marked "MHL"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yep, tried that. We searched in the help section on here and that suggested putting it into HDMI 1 on Samsung 4k tv's so we've done that and that made no difference 😭 This is all the ports say. No MHL. I'm losing the will to live! 🤣 

• 20201122_143706.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Is your TV connected to your V6 directly? Do you have any other equipment, or HDMI splitters, in the way? Once one bit of kit in the chain isn't HDCP2.2 complaint, the whole chain is compromised.

Can you watch live TV channels in 2160? And can you watch OnDemand if you drop the output to 1080?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's directly into the TV. No splitters. Still have the same issue in 1080. Completely baffling me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We've got it working! Not sure what sorted it, but we unplugged the box for 10 secs and removed the HDMI for a few secs and when we turned it started up the virgin box displayed a message saying something about how it was optimising the settings to work with our TV and its working now. Not sure why it didn't do that the first time we set it up, but hey-ho, it's working now! 🤷‍♀️ Thanks for all your help! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos