Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

On Demand not playing anything after trailer

I have had this problem for about 3 months now and am going crazy! 

I have called the 'help'line 4 times and they keep saying the problem will be fixed the following day, but obviously this is a separate problem from the one they think it is!

On all the On Demand programmes/channels (ITV Hub, All4, Demand5) the trailer preceding the programme will play, then the screen either goes totally black and freezes, or freezes on the last screenshot.

I have obviously rebooted the box about a million times.

Please can anyone suggest what I can do - the last 'help'line person I spoke to promised to call me the next day to check it was working but did not.

I'm going slowly mad not being able to get to the bottom of this, and if it's not sorted quickly I'm just going straight back to Sky as its not worth this hassle for not being able to watch anything! 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: On Demand not playing anything after trailer

I'm going to guess you're watching on a 4K UHD TV?

If so, diregard the lack of an error number and take a look at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/604 which will almost certainly be the correct advice.

Industry-standard HDCP (copy protection) is now enforced while watching VOD in 2160p, and many older 4K TVs or suchlike, don't have blanket support on all HDMI ports.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand not playing anything after trailer

THANK YOU!!

I had to change the video output on the TV to 1080p and it's now working. Hooray!

Why on earth they couldn't tell me this on the helpline the last 3 times I called I have got no idea...

Thanks again, very much appreciated! 

0 Kudos