Menu
Pixie-Harris
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

On Demand - need to upgrade/subscribe for this service

We've been having issues with our V6 box, as certain channels (mainly MTV) will pixelate/cut out, so we were sent a replacement box. Since plugging in the replacement box we have now lost access to On Demand and Catch Up services. Usually we would click watch now and start watching a program but now the only option is to 'subscribe' and to the right under the programme picture/episode description is says 'upgrade to watch this service'.

We're on the Full House package which includes Catch Up/On Demand and we've had no issues watching programs this way since getting Virgin. I was watching something this way just before swapping out the boxes so it's 100% a new issue.

Tried contacting tech support and was told that no changes have been made to out package so it should be working and it's an issue with the box. I tried swapping back to the old box but now we've lost the services on both the old and replacement box. 

The replacement box hasn't resolved the pixelation/cutting out issues so now without Catch Up/On Demand we're completely unable to watch certain shows. To me it seems like more of an account issue than a box issue but tech support have been unhelpful and can't resolve the issue and an engineer visit won't be for another week.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand - need to upgrade/subscribe for this service

Hi are you getting all the live channels that you should have. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Pixie-Harris
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky,

We could watch all live channels on the old box. We reconnected the replacement box around 40 mins ago and all channels except BBC1 are greyed out and if we try to watch a message comes up saying ' press OK to subscribe' and other message after that to say 'sorry we're unable to upgrade you through your box at the moment'.

We're now stuck between an old box where not all of the channels work and no On Demand/Catch Up and a replacement box with no channels or On Demand/Catch Up.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi again your box needs activating the activation number is 0800 9539500 have your account number area code and serial number of the box to hand, some new & replacement boxes come activated, yours obviously hasn't. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Pixie-Harris
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I called that number around 11:30am and was informed that our box is activate but we're still experiencing the issue. We also have error code M63 and it would seem that the tech team can't advise and we have to wait at least 72 hours for a call back. If you have any more advice, that would be great as I can't understand how unplugging one box and plugging in a new one would create so many issues.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi that error code signifies an account issue, so I'm afraid phoning is the only option, try selecting the thinking of leaving option you will get through to a UK based call centre, tell them you want to leave and are fed up, they maybe able to speak with the relevant person while you are on the line and get some outcome for you. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Apologies if this has been mentioned and I've missed it...

Are you having issues with viewing live TV channels (pixellation aside, just for this point), or is this purely an "upgrade to watch" with OnDemand programmes?

With live TV - you've mentioned pixellation, that's often a signal issue.

Let's be clear what the issue is, here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Pixie-Harris
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Initially the issue was just pixellation on a number of live channels including recordings. Since connecting the replacement box we now have no access to any channels, on demand/catch up or ability to record anything on the replacement box. We're just getting a message to say press ok to subscribe and errors 7400 and M63. After 3 hours of no changes, we reconnected our old box so we can at least watch something other than BBC1 and, while we can now get all channels, we still have the pixellation issues and we can't access on demand/catch up.

Tech support were meant to call us between 4-7pm today but no call has been received. Tried speaking to the number listed on the 'sorry we're unable to upgrade you through your box at the moment' screen but was told that our account is showing the full house package so they've referred us to a tech team and we should hear back in the next 3 days. All cables are fine and everything was working perfectly (except the pixellation issues) before swapping out the boxes.

I really can't understand how connecting a replacement box can cause so many problems and customer services/support keep sending us in circles.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation on live TV is often caused by signal issues, and if 2 boxes are similarly affected, it might suggest a cabling or external fault.

Is this a fault replacement, and are we talking TiVo or V6 here? If you're not sure check here 

There's probably not much point worrying about OnDemand until live TV is working, and those errors do all indicate an account issue.

Next time you speak to VM, I'd recommend being sure of the box serial numbers to ensure the activation hits are being sent to the correct equipment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos