Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On Demand error A01

We’ve just joined... we can view all programmes and boadband is working but we keep getting ‘the requested application is currently available, please try in a few minutes’. Any suggestions before I have to resort to calling? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand error A01

Are you trying to load a particular app when you get this error - you've not said?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/a01 gives some initial advice

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MPF,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry to see you are having problems with apps

Do you have any problems with recordings?

Have you checked your connections as per the error-codes/a01  ?

Although you haven't  mentioned a 4K TV, it might be worthwhile checking this error page error-codes/604  as some problems playing apps are due to using cables or ports that aren't HDMI2.2 compatable.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We literally got the V6 box today so haven’t tried recording yet. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I did check that link... all seems okay and I’m using all leads supplied by Virgin

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

By means of some basic "worth knowing" then...

The V6 gets all its TV channels via the co-ax cable, but all the VOD (Video On Demand), streaming apps, EPG (TV Guide) updates and numerous other functions are carried over the internet - which is supplied by your homehub.

The connection to your homehub is ideally Ethernet, but can be WiFi. You can check the status of this connection by following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and looking in the top-right.

It may well be that some apps take a little while to start working after your install, but you can always check whether the box's internet connection is working by going to CatchUp TV and just try watching something.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks