Menu
Nathie5988
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On Demand: Cover missing, text only

Good afternoon.

You get the last month or so when any of the on demand section on my v6 box there are no title covers, only words and this takes a while to load. Does anyone know of an easy fix? We’ve tried restarting the TiVo box to no avail. This is now the same on both of our V6 boxes. Both connected via Ethernet.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand: Cover missing, text only

Have you tried rebooting/resetting the hub?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Nathie5988
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Everything has been rebooted.

hub, v6 etc.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A couple of basics to check... you've mentioned TiVo & V6 boxes - which do you have? Check here if you're not sure.

If you have V6 (and NOT if you have TiVo) - is your Superhub in modem mode and you're using your own router?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Nathie5988
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is a v6 box.

the super hub is in modem mode with a net gear night hawk R8000

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I suspected as much..

Issues such as this can often be down to blocked ports on your router. Firstly there is nothing inherently wrong with using your V6 via a non-VM supplied router & your SH in modem mode. I do it, and many other people do.

But.... "gremlin"-type issues with missing graphics, logos and suchlike, are usually caused by a blocked port somewhere. There would be concern if your OnDemand was flatly not working etc. You've not mentioned that, so I assume it's just a cosmetic issue?

The (potentially not so quick) way to prove this is to loop your router out of the equation, put the SH into router mode and connect directly. I appreciate it's not an ideal solution, but as a diagnostic/investigative step, is pretty surefire.

I'll pre-judge something else that many posters often query here. There is a "port configuration test" in one of the V6 menus that - on the surface - would help in situations like this. The test is (unfortunately, for cases such as yours) at best unreliable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos