Menu
Nickhead
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

On Demand/Catch up V210 error

Since installing our TiVo box the catch up and on-demand services have bee unavailable stating error V210. 

The internet is connected via wifi and says 70% good connection. TV channels work fine.

Any help would be great, cheers.

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand/Catch up V210 error

Hi Nickhead,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry that you're having problems with catch up and on-demand. I can appreciate you're keen to get this resolved.

Your V6 is not contactable at the moment. Can you please take the cables out and re-attach them. Can you please unplug the V6 and the hub and plug back in. Once that's done, can you please make sure that the box is connected via wired or wireless connection.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
luarolla
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We are having the same issue. Services installed May 5th and told that the on demand and catch up services would come online after a couple of days.  However they have not and we get either a v210 error or, more often, a v273 error.  We have run the test several times, tested connections and tried reconnecting the cables as instructed. We have also rebooted the V6 box, but none of these steps seem to work.  The test always bombs out at about 20% and just tells us to check the same connections.  

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the post, could we please confirm if you've run a reboot of the Hub through the pin sized hole at the back? Following this please go through the below steps and let us know how this goes.

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

Thank you, Emily

0 Kudos
luarolla
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.  I had not done that previously, but have done now.  Went through the process and reconnected my virgin services.  However, it does not seem to have had any effect.  

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nickhead

Can I ask if you've tried the steps as recommended by my colleague, Melissa?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HI laurolla

As your issue with on demand not resolved and for this i am really sorry.  I am going to send you a private message.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
luarolla
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,  I have not received anything as yet, but I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
luarolla
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee, I have not received anything from you yet about the on demand and catch up services not working, should I have?

0 Kudos
luarolla
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am not sure what has happened to this case, but since reporting this error I have been two-ing and fro-ing between a couple of agents, all of whom are very pleasant, but I am still no closer to a resolution.  I have been asked for bits and pieces for information.  For anyone in this situation I would provide the following in all emails to save yourself weeks of attritional correspondence:

• customer number
  • area code
  • billing name
  • verify that you have run the diagnostic tool 
  • verify that you have checked connections, reset your tv box through settings, hard reset your hub
  • be very clear that it is catch up and on demand that are causing the problems, probably good to specify this in all correspondence
  • be clear in advance that Netflix is working fine (unless Netflix is not working fine of course)
  • Please let me know if you get any resolution

3 weeks ago I was told that my case had been referred to "the field" but have heard nothing since

Tomorrow I will call the phone line... you may wonder why it has taken so long to pick up the phone (legitimate question). I suppose we generally all have other things to worry about at the moment and to be honest in the scheme of things it is not the end of the world (although it would be nice to get the service you are paying for).  However, in case anyone else stumbles across this thread with a similar problem maybe you can shortcut the process.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos