Menu
Koregan123
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Oled lggx and V6 universal remote conundrum

Hi 

i recently bought the lg gx gallery tv and set it up with my virgin v6 box

initial setup was fine, during setup the tv picked up that there was a set top box, i selected virgin and the magic remote asked me to ‘press programme up’ to setup the remote so it can control part of the v6 box - this worked fine.

i tried to see if there was a way to programme the remote so the ‘guide’ button would bring up the virgin guide and inadvertently reset the remote so it no longer controlled the v6 box at all

i have tried everything to get this back to the way it was setup including resetting the TV to factory settings a few times (ie starting from scratch) - second time around the virgin box is automatically picked up and theres no chance to test the remote (it never asks me to press any buttons to test it)

i am wondering if this process does anything to the virgin box ie, would the virgin box store something during this process which the tv is picking up after resetting to factory settings

its a pain and im hopeful someone can explain why this is happening - i have also logged calls with lg but their support is pretty useless and the tv is brand new (2020 model) so theres not much online in forums to look at

thanks if so,eome from virgin can offer some insight

K

0 Kudos
Koregan123
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oled lggx and V6 universal remote conundrum

Wouldn't you know it

after a week of scratching my head the tv has a software update and issue fixed!!!

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oled lggx and V6 universal remote conundrum

Hi Koregan123,

Thanks for posting back to let us know this has since been resolved after a software update 🙂

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos